Saturday 31 October 2015

What You Need To Know About Kumantongs




Before I go in depth about keeping a Kumantong as know as Child Spirits, let me just give you guys some information which I've gathered on how KMTs are created. The purpose of making KMTs is to give the spirits of dead children a chance to do good and we as keepers gain merit for them so that they will have a better rebirth into higher realm. That is why when we do good, we share merits with them in exchange for smoother life, a better job etc. 

Firstly, spiritual masters or monks have to enter the forest and do rituals to search for wandering child spirits or ghost. Those who want to become KMTs are invited to enter their new home which are the statues you'll usually see in temples or Thai amulet shops. For other cases such as abortion, the monks will perform a ritual and put it in the statues and proceed on chanting ritual for all the statues for 49 days to covert spirits to Kumantongs. After the ritual, they will have to be put aside for a total of 108 days to be completely ready to be invited by human beings as spiritual helpers. They are little helpers that will help their owner or keeper in every ways, such as business success, career, lottery or fight against the evil ghosts by black magic masters.

What are the risks you have to take keeping KMTs?


I have quite a number of friends who keep KMT in their house and some do fairly good in their life while the latter is always down on luck. WHY? Keeping a KMT is a huge responsibility you will have to take for as long as it takes. Whatever you promise your KMT, you have to fulfil it. Say you promise your KMT you will buy him new toys IF you strike the lottery. If you do strike and you forget to buy him new toys, you will have to bear the consequences. What most owners of KMT do not know that the spirits feeds on your thoughts and deeds. Which simply means if you have evil thoughts, your KMT will grow to have evil thoughts too. 

I've asked one of my friend that used to take care of close to 20 over KMTs in the past. This is what he have to say.

"In the past, we keep KMTs mainly for merit purposes. We do good deeds, earn merits and give our merits to KMTs in hope they will reach enlightenment. Right now in this modern era, what people want from KMT is just 4D, Toto, get girl. They are really abusing the powers of KMTs. When I took care of over 20 KMTs, I do strike 4D occasionally and I do repay them by buying more nice clothes, more nice toys. But I never never ask numbers from them. And some people are feeding it blood to 'increase' the KMTs' power. And by feeding blood, they will be harder to tame and their cravings for blood will be stronger as time goes by. I have friends that went into an accident by abusing KMTs' power or never keep to their promises. He said he saw a little boy figure dashed our of the road while he was riding that caused him into a serious accident. Since then, he gave up on keeping KMT and donated it to the temple. Keeping a KMT is a very huge responsibility. Their meals have to be accounted for, and never forget to feed them. They are like your own children. If taken care well, you will hear their voices, laughters or even toy cars moving around. I remembered leaving my lights open after a long day of work before I head to bed. Everything was on. TV and lights. When I woke up, everything was off and I felt their presence around. Now, I stopped keeping KMTs as I felt I did my part and I brought it to the temple to allow them to reincarnate."


0 comments:

Post a Comment